Are you relocating because your job requires you to do so or maybe you’re moving for a change of pace?
You may want to consider a few things before you make that move:
- Do you have a house to sell? Can you move if you don’t sell it?
- Are you going to rent or buy a home when you move?
- Do you have the phone number electric, phone, cable, water? Have you prearranged connection of these services?
- How is the internet connection where you will be moving?
- If you have kids, should you wait till the end of their school year?
- What is the school rating where you will be moving?
- Will your kids take the bus or public transportation?
- Will you require a nanny or babysitter? After school care?
- Are there activities for your kids in the area where you will be moving? Classes? Clubs? Playgrounds? Pools?
- Do you have pets? How will you be transporting them?
- Does the new place where you are moving allow for pets?
- Will you be moving your furniture yourself or hiring movers? How much of this will the company pay?
- Will you require a storage unit?
- Do you have any medical issues that require a specialist? Is there a specialist in the area where you will be moving?
- How far is the closest grocery store from where you will be moving? Movie Theater? Shopping?
- How far will your commute to work be? Is it further than how far you are driving today?
There are many things to consider when relocating and the task can seem overwhelming. It is important to have everything in order before the actual move. This list is just basic questionnaire so that your move will go smoothly.
If you are planning on relocating and are purchasing a home then please pre-qualify at www.philjawny.com. If you need the name of a good real estate agent or builder in the area you are moving to then I’ll get you in contact with a trustworthy source to help with your specific real estate needs.